Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Does anyone know about the clown painting artist named Robert Owens?I?

I have one of his prints containing 6 pretty sinister looking clowns.Their faces are somehow familiar but I can't be sure from where.Any interest or info would be nice.

Does anyone know about the clown painting artist named Robert Owens?I?
Hi! Robert Owen was born in Polk County, Missouri on September 2, 1930. He was ninth of ten children.





He has been painting for 35 years professionally. For 30 of those years he has been delighting people with his clowns.





His website domain is for sale, which give me cause for concern, however many other sites sell his paintings and prints.





Here is a link to some of his past artwork:





http://www.angelfire.com/art/robertowen/...





I just have a feeling that this first painting may the original painting of the print you are referring to with "6 sinister looking clowns."





http://www.angelfire.com/art/robertowen/...





Many of his collectors were celebrities, including several comedians such as Jerry Van Dyke, Sid Caesar. I wonder if he portrayed their looks in any of his artwork? He did paint Emmet Kelly's face often.





He was a resident of Balboa (LA area), California for many years, and left his imprint on that area:





http://www.talesofbalboa.com/arc1999/bir...





I suggest you contact any of the galleries selling his work for more information. Hope this has been of help.





Best wishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment