Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is represented by "%0d" and "%0a" in HTML query string? Where could I get a table for those codes?

I'm doing some debugging on the ASP.NET 1.1 page that use Javascript. The problem I face is I'm not familiar the query string "code" such as %0d, %0d etc... What is represented by each of them? Where could I get a detail table for each one like "%0d", "%0a" bla bla bla....





Thank you very much!

What is represented by "%0d" and "%0a" in HTML query string? Where could I get a table for those codes?
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlenc...
Reply:%0d is the carriage return character, and %0a is the linefeed character.





In DOS and Windows, the end of each line in a text file has %0d%0a





In UNIX, the end of each line in a text file has just %0a.





These are often called "DOS linefeed" and "Unix linefeed", or "DOS EOL" and "UNIX EOL" (End Of Line).





Here is a table .. look at the Hex column to find "A" and "D"


http://www.asciitable.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment